The Doors Art Foundation presents
Upcoming film screenings
Two Boots Pioneer Theater
every first and last Thursday of the month
January 3 - January 9, 2007 @ 9pm
I LOVE YOU
Drama, 2006, HRT, Croatia, 83 MIN
Written and Directed by: Dalibor Matanic
Cast: Kresimir Mikic, Ivana Roscic, Ivana Krizmanic, Zrinka Cvitesic, Natasa Janjic, Leon Lucev, Bojan Navojec, Andelo Jurkas, Ana Stunic
Producer: Mario Oreskovic
Croatian (English subtitles)
Two Boots Pioneer Theater
is located at:
155 East 3rd Street (at Avenue A) / NYC / (212) 591-0434
Tickets: $10.00 adults, $6.50 members
Seating is limited so we encourage you to buy your tickets in advance.
The Doors Art Foundation is proud to present monthly screenings featuring a selection of films from the Croatian cinema of the last decade. This unique project is a result of a creative collaboration between The Doors Art Foundation, The Doors Art Udruga, the Croatian film critic Jurica Pavicic and the featured Croatian filmmakers.
I Love You
Kreso has it all - youth, money and a gorgeous successful girlfriend. His job is the dream job of all Croats that have grown up in the era of new capitalism - he is a copywriter in a marketing agency. At the same time, Kreso also has nothing. He and his girlfriend are weighed down by work and they do not spend enough time with each other, while his friends, a once innocent group of high school students, are now a bunch of useless dudes in frenzied search of loose women, alcohol and drugs. One day, after having committed a drunk-driving accident that had lead to one womans death, and after receiving a blood transfusion, Kreso finds out that he is HIV- infected. His life changes overnight. His girlfriend leaves him, he is fired from his job and his friends abandon him. Kreso is left all alone and begins to take revenge.
Official website: www.dalibormatanic.com
- "I Love You" won in 53rd Pula Film Festival, Croatia
- Branko Linta received Golden Arena and KODAK award for best photography. Tomislav Pavlic received Golden Arena for best editing.
- "I Love You" won the Cinema tout Ecran young jury award on Cinema tout Ecran festival in Geneve. This is first international award for I LOVE U, and second time that young jury award has been won, previously FINE DEAD GIRLS were awarded.
- Kreso Mikic is nominated for Croatian association of dramatic artists award for "I Love You".
- "I Love You" won Audience Award at the International Silk Road film festival, Bursa, Turkey.
- F or V train to Lower East Side / Second Avenue. Exit toward 1st Avenue. Walk north (away from Houston) to 3rd street, then east just past Avenue A to 155 East 3rd.
- 9 or 21 bus to Houston Street and Avenue A. Walk north to 3rd Street. Turn east and go a few doors down to 155 East 3rd.
- 14A bus to 3rd street and Avenue A.
- The 8 and 15 buses also come relatively close, as do these trains: 6 (Bleecker Street station), B and D (Grand Street), JMZ (Delancey / Essex), and L (1st Ave).
We look forward to seeing you there.
For more info. please visit www.doors-art.com