Novi Vinodolski, July 21 - August 1, 2008
LITTLE SUMMER SCHOOL OF CROATIAN LANGUAGE AND CULTUREOrganiser:
Croatian Heritage FoundationLocation:
Grad Zagreb, Zagrebačka županija Photo Gallery The Little Summer School 2005Photo Gallery The Little Summer School 2006Photo Gallery The Little Summer School 2007Spend a happy holiday with us in Novi VinodolskiDear friends!
Did you know that the Croatians invented the necktie?
Do you know any Croatian songs?
Do you know how to make a traditional Christmas decoration or an Easter egg?
Do you know what a "Spomenak" is?PROGRAM
In the company of children your age and our cheerful trained teachers you will learn or improve your knowledge of Croatian language in our interesting daily workshops. And that's just the beginning! Together we'll embark on a journey through ancient Croatian history, talk to its heroes, stroll through magnificent landscapes nature blessed us with, meet interesting people, learn about the cultural legacy Croatian people have built and guarded for centuries. In our Little School we will try the land and the sea with various sporting and other competitions, and in the evenings we'll have fun dancing, singing and playing games. All this and many, many more happy moments in a safe, healthy and carefree environment supervised by experienced and reliable teachers.
The program is intended for children and teenagers of Croatian descent from around the world as well as for children of other nationalities-the present or future friends of Croatia.
This year's program is created for children aged from 9 - 14 years.
Red Cross Children's Resort in Novi Vinodolski
- Novi Vinodolski is a coastal summer vacation spot rich with cultural history.
- Surrounded by Mediterranean vegetation, the resort building stair-steps toward the sea with its terraces, and its well-maintained beaches are just a stroll away.
- All rooms have a sea view, and two (six-bed) rooms have a joint terrace and bathroom.
- The resort has convenient classrooms, a recreation room with TV and VCR, a piano, library, reading room, spacious terraces and gardens.
- Croatian language workshop (three levels, we will place participants according to their current language knowledge: beginners, intermediate, advanced)
- Croatian cultural & natural heritage workshop
- drama workshop
- puppet workshop
- journalist workshop
- film corner
Schedule of daily activities
7:30 wakeeee up time!!!
9:00-10:30 morning activities
13:30-14:30 siesta (free time)
14:30-16:00 afternoon activities
16:00 snack time
16:15-19:00 sunbathing,sporting competitions
20:00 film corner
22:30-23:00 getting ready to sleep
Words alone cannot express the beauty and variety of what we have to offer.
So-come! We are certain that not only will you have a great time, but also make many new friends, future pen-pals from around the world. The gift of friendship is waiting for you.
And our gift to you will be the word and the image of our beautiful homeland.
- 11 days in Children's Resort (four daily meals)
- Expert staff
- Educational, sporting and recreational activities
- Learning material
- Accident insurance for children (valid during transit and stay)
- Round-trip transportation Zagreb-Novi Vinodolski-Zagreb
The price: 300 €APPLICATIONS
Parents/guardians can pay:a)
with a check
mailed to the following address:Croatian Heritage Foundation
(for the Little Summer School)
Trg Stjepana Radića 3
10 000 Zagreb, Croatia
tel. +3851 61 15 116
fax. +3851 61 11 522
orb) via bank payment
to the address:Privredna banka Zagreb
za Hrvatsku maticu iseljenika (Mala škola)
10 000 Zagreb, Hrvatska
account number: 702000-val-9100000-132344-273
SWIFT CODE: PBZGHR2X
IBAN: HR06 2340 0091 5102 9671 7
Please send your applications with a 100 € deposit before June 18, 2008
; and the rest of the payment no later than two weeks before beginning of the School.NOTICE:
If we have fewer than 25 applicants,the organizers reserve the right to cancel the program and refund the entire payment. Departure from Zagreb for Novi Vinodolski - July 21, 2008 - afternoonReturn to Zagreb – August 1, 2008 - morning
The place and exact time of departure and return will be announced shortly before the School's beginning.
INSTRUCTIONS – ADVICE - INFORMATION
Healthcare and children insurance
- All children must pass a medical examination before arriving in Croatia (doctor's certificate required).
- All children must have proof of medical insurance for their stay abroad (in Croatia).
- Parents are kindly asked to send the necessary medical documentation for children with a history of health problems.
- Professional medical services available in Novi Vinodolski.
- During the transit and stay participants have insurance.
- The School and camp's staff will be looking after the children.
Information for organized groups
TIME AND PLACE OF ARRIVAL - will be arranged by the Croatian Heritage Foundation and organizers from other countries. Arrival in Zagreb is possible a day earlier. In that case the participants must pay for their accomodation in Zagreb.
GUIDES - we recommend a young, experienced and responsible person who have experience working with children and who are capable of executing part of the planned program.
RESERVATIONS - for the group's arrival and departure from Zagreb must be planned in time. The Croatian Heritage Foundation expect you to confirm the group's arrival (the number of girls, boys and guides) by June 18, 2008. We expect you to register and pay your deposits at the same time.We suggest that the children bring along:
2 notebooks, pens, crayons, sketch books, brochures of their home towns, tennis shoes, windbreaker, rain coat/small umbrella, beach towel and personal towel, toiletries, sun cap, music or videotapes, CDs, CD-ROMs, portable musical instruments (guitar, recorder, etc.), photographs.For further information, please contact us at:HRVATSKA MATICA ISELJENIKACROATIAN HERITAGE FOUNDATIONDept. of Education, Science and Sport
Trg S. Radića 3
CROATIAtel.: (+385 1) 611 5116fax.: (+385 1) 611 1522www.matis.hrFormatted for CROWN by Marko Puljić
Distributed by www.Croatia.org This message is intended for Croatian Associations / Institutions and their Friends in Croatia and in the World. The opinions / articles expressed on this list do not reflect personal opinions of the moderator. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, please delete or destroy all copies of this communication and please, let us know! Or simply...enjoy and spread the word and good vibrations.