AMERICAN-CROATIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
AMERICKO-HRVATSKA GOSPODARSKA KOMORA
The American-Croatian Chamber of Commerce for New York, New Jersey and Connecticut was established on March 12, 1999. In the past four years, the Chamber has worked as a not-for-profit organization. The members of the Chamber, through their work and contributions, have promoted the development of business links among Croats in this part of the United States.
We believe that the time has come for the Chamber to professionalize its activities. Our members and other Croatian-Americans in our community have told us that they want an organization that will provide quick dissemination of information concerning economic matters in Croatia and the possibility of investing there, and which will build links with those who have had a positive experience in working with Croatia. As a result, we have decided to propose the professionalization of the American-Croatian Chamber of Commerce.
We invite business people of Croatian descent to come together on May 9, 2003 at the Terrace in the Sky located at 400 West 119th Street, New York, New York to support the growth of a professional, non-political organization to represent our common interests.
In order to professionalize our organization, it is necessary to employ at least one person and acquire necessary equipment to work on, among other things, the following projects:
- publishing a Croatian-American Yellow Pages which will contain information concerning business people and business in this area as well as important contact information for institutions in Croatia and America which deal with economic and immigrant issues;
- publishing a newsletter containing current news, reports and interviews with successful business people and economists as well as creating and maintaining a web site;
- providing quick and current information concerning relevant laws and information regarding investments in Croatia;
- investigating the market (in cooperation with marketing companies in the US and Croatia) for the needs of the members of the Chamber;
- cooperating with Croatian and American businesses in promoting exports and imports between the US and Croatia; and
- providing other services which a professional Chamber of Commerce can provide to its members.
We believe that you will agree with us that the successful professionalization of the work of the Chamber would be of great use not only for business people but for the Croatian community as a whole. We believe you already know the importance of establishing ties between Croatian-American business people. As a result, we ask that you join us at the Terrace in the Sky on May 9, 2003 to collect the necessary funds to professionalize the work of our Chamber.
For further information, please call 718 219-9172, or call Terrace in the Sky for reservations at 212-666-9490.
Board of the American-Croatian Chamber of Commerce.
translated by John Kraljic