Life through Marie's eyes

Where artists, writers, musicians, actors can hang out.

Re: Life through Marie's eyes

Postby violi » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:28 am

Hi Marie,

Sincere apologies for missing your note from last month and only saw it when I was skimming for new postings today! Just as well that Nenad wrote to you. It must have arrived at the time that I was "running around like a mad lunatic" and completely missed it. I really appreciate you taking time to write me the note, which made me feel so welcome in your two countries. The Aussies will be playing the Preliminary Games in Osijek, then depending on results play for the President's Cup [to determine placing] in either Porec or Pula [which I also looked up in the map and saw that they are both coastal places]. I am keeping fingers crossed that the Team would manage to win a game or two. They are up against big handball nations whose players are highly skilled and paid professionals who have been playing together for years. We only put together our team after the national championships and put them in some sort of training camps. They don't have much resources and just run on passion for their sport and their country. They take time off work or studies and pay their way to represent their country.

I have only been to Rome for a two-day stopover so hoping to visit Italy properly one day. I'll let you know when this is happening. Maybe we could even meet up for a cappucinno. And of course, if ever you are visiting Australia it would be great to meet up with you.

I hope that my ricketty old camera would take photos even a hundredth portion nice as your ones. I would also buy postcards and prints to make sure I've got mementos of my visit. Cheers.
:)
Dream even when you are awake.
violi
CROWN Addict

Postby MarjaAnya » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:18 pm

The pictures are ljepe
MarjaAnya

Postby Marie » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:10 am

How rich is Croatian Art Story!March2008,for the first time,I walked on the streets of Split,Trogir...I got enthusiast!A dive in the story...alive in the harmonies of architectures..all is a pleasure for the eyes!Split...I turned round and round to find the good line with the magnifique bell tower of the cathedral sv.duje...magical moment when you take a photo,you don't need to think,only to feel...Peraphs it'll be sometimes better to think:at Novigrad,I went on walking backwards to take a photo and did a spetacular fall in a big vase of flowers!many people at the terraces of the bars...nice,they waited few seconds...I laughed!laughs in the place!"Che figura!"

Porec on June...so nice to stroll on the warmth of the evening...In the Eufrazijeva Basilika(543),I admired the mosaics..I love this one,simple bird ,so rich symbol...Beauty of the art with marvellous voices...a concert of NasKanatJe Lip,we're so lucky to be there at the "just" moment!

Everywhere in this holiday,I listened to music!...on the charming little cloister of Samostan sv.Franje at Pula,someone is playing piano...in the silence... time to sit down,time to close the eyes...

SEA AND SNOW!La mer et la neige...dopo Senj,a fantastic amazing view!I love this photo,unforgettable BEAUTY!

All along the coast,from Rijeka to Zadar,Split...one of my wishes for 2009 is to admire again the deep BLUE of croatia!

these few photos recall me how this year 2008 has been full of"petits bonheurs",Joy ,fantastic holidays!and a long the year,I read CROWN with a great pleasure and interest...Puno Hvala Nenad and all people who write on Crown,thanks a lot to give me the opportunity to "travel" with your articles,to know more about you and your splendid country!

near Split...after 7-8-hours of travel from Itay...it's really a gift to walk on the beach , the sound of the sea,sweet colours of the sunset..deep peace...
Marie
CROWN Addict

Postby Marie » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:07 pm

Boats on the white piano...its music is the ocean....rhythms,vibrations,waves,energy,grief and confort,secrets dreams..Spray of Joy...the boats drift("voguent")with the current of the music...allegro,andante...gracefully...and the singer? his voice is ...the voice of the Wind!

Boats have fascinating stories...this one is born in spring of 2008, with the wood of my family's garden at Dinard,it's the first boat my brother Guillaume created!for 30 years he conserved woods and his designs, projects of naval architecture and this year, he decided to use it!all wood has a story, the exotic one,another peace of the 12 century that he conserved when we restored a little chapel etc...each boat is unique, is a special gift...,Image

Every year ,I like to invent a new creche...Why not?Jesus could be born on the sand and shells near a boat...Life with God is unexpected,unpredictable!...the message of Christmas is straordinary.Jesus,so little,reveals us the Mistery of Love that transforms all,unites all in the differences,the diversity.......Creating the creche,I remember 2 words...2 names "confidence" and "patience",two african little children,brother and sister, I met in Africa in Christmas 1988...

Sure we have all a guardian angel!!!
My brother sent me this photo of Martin beach...the boat in the colours of winter,the tides comes in,music for my soul... the music of the sea...the piano.. connect all lovers of beauty in each part of the world... MERRY CHRISTMAS!JOYEUX NOEL!

Last edited by Marie on Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marie
CROWN Addict

Postby Marie » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:13 pm

The isle of Arran,it's the largest island in the Firth of Clyde,in Scotland,with mountains and lochs in the north,rolling hills and meadows in the south,is known as "Scotland in miniature".Arran is long 19 miles long by 10 miles..many standing stones from neolithic times...I hope to go there in the future!
la mer,le piano,the angel,the little boat in the 12 century wood of a little chapel on 2 peaces of sea-wood(bois flotté)...and a gift of the Nature...the rose!Since i was young,the rose has always been present in my life,far from the garden,I always need to have one at home..a way to feel near the nature.also only one...From Persia,million of years ago,the rose has always been a sacred symbol .The Cathedral of Chartres(near Paris)has one of the most famous rose window.
Red?romantic love and passion...White?purity,humilty,truth..Yellow?friendship,joy..Pink?gentily,feminilty,elegance..Orange?
enthusiasm and desire,admiration and attraction...Lila?Love at first sight!
on this summer,in Bretagne, at Dinard,in my grandfather's garden(now my old uncle!)I went from a rose to another with my photocamera ...on the morning,on the sun of the evening,after the tempest!....I love this one ...delicacy...drops of water like notes of piano...poem of the Creation...the ROSE...symbol of dialogue "d'Amour" between the nature,the earth,us and the universe....
Last edited by Marie on Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Marie
CROWN Addict

Postby Marie » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:54 am

marvel..sparkling drops of rain..in the sun...on the delicate petals...pink,orange...open petals to the life... closed petals yet ,its inner hides its mysterious beauty...no more words..contemplation...
Marie
CROWN Addict

Re: Life through Marie's eyes 2009

Postby Marie » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:49 pm

Photos of sailing for 2009 Greetings!Where will carry us along the boat?Being sailors in the daily life...New thousands adventures...Wishes of Fair winds and Good Luck!

The Dove,Great symbol... every day,it brings us messages of the Earth...for the Earth ...in all directions..."les girouettes", incredible is the great variety of the weathercocks:sun,horse,dragon,boat,dolphin...simple meanings to indicate a place,a profession or more,symbols to comunicate messages...I saw these in Vendée(France)last summer.

"una mongolfiera!una mongolfiera!"shouted my kids!50 meters from our house,Beautiful withs its colours in the clear sky...Beautiful the kid's faces full of wonder!(I think now writing I also had to take them in photo!)...2009 for new takeoff towards PEACE!

Many years ago,on the doorstep,my first look was for the sky,the clouds :"How is the wind today?"
Now,I have a look through my window:a little proud cock on the top of the neighbor'sroof!(the only one I know in my town!)It announces the Light of the Day but it doesn't move a lot!Here the wind is rare...I feel it in another way...precious little breathes of Air in the nature..songs of the birds...

a little brave sailor for few "bretagne" days!

Vjetar,Jedrilica...setting sail...returns to one's roots,new starts,new ideas,opportunities...spirit of the sailor in the life...wide open spaces...
Last edited by Marie on Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marie
CROWN Addict

Postby Marie » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:36 pm

Violi,your "cappuccino"is waiting for you!or if one prefers a delicious italian "cioccolata"...con panna!(cream)my daughter Sofia did this photo,I like it ,very suggestive..pleasure to be with the friends and pleasure of the chocolate!
the best coffee is at Napoli...I heard about a nice old tradition at Napoli:the"caffe sospeso"..do you know it?"coffee in suspense"?the customer,an happy napolitan, pays for 2 coffees,drinks only one and goes.someone after will go to the bar and ask if there is a "coffee sospeso"for him!very nice tradition but it seems that it'snot usual now...someone said"a tradition but also a filosophy of life"..."il caffe sospeso" is the title of the book of Luciano Di Crescenzo,"the wisdom is often hidden in the common things"...I think I'll buy his book next days!
Last edited by Marie on Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marie
CROWN Addict

Re: Life through Marie's eyes - Belluno

Postby Marie » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:39 pm

The Silence White...the white Silence...The White sparkles...vast spaces snow-covered of Silence...

At first light,sunrise colours on the mountains Dolomites,Belluno,a couple of hours from the Croatia...
Marie
CROWN Addict

Postby violi » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:03 pm

Thank you so much for my cuppacinno Marie. I am savouring it now in my mind and looking forward to having one with you some time in the future - either in beautiful Italia, or even meet up in Croatia, and possibly if you come Down Under.

I arrived yesterday here in Croatia. I flew into Zagreb and was met by a kind man, as per arrangements made by the Croatian Handball Federation and taken to Osijek where the Aussie Team has been for a few days. We all love the picturesque scenes of snow covered fields, trees, roof tops and everything else. Everyone has been so marvellous and kind. I hope to be able to take a lot of photos.

I am afraid I am not familiar with the coffee tradition. Would love to hear you tell it in person, whilst we have coffee. :) :)
Dream even when you are awake.
violi
CROWN Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Culture and Arts - Kultura i umjetnost