Life through Marie's eyes

Where artists, writers, musicians, actors can hang out.

Life through Marie's eyes

Postby Marie » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:49 am

TROGIR....I LOVE it!....first time that I go to Croatia! we're going to Medjugorje with my family for Easter 2008!19.3.2008...nine o'clock,6°..Rijeka welcome us with the intense blue of the sea,the white mountains...the harmony of the design of the isles in the limpid sky...a WAVE of emotions!A breathtaking view all along the coast!a great pleasure for the eyes!.I keep all this beauty in my heart...("to look"in french is REGARDER...GARDER is to keep)

I LOVE THE SEA!I came back "home ",in Bretagne,for summer holidays...little Brittany is on the north-western part of France.The country of the woods(Argoat in the celtic language.le Breton)and of the sea(Armor)...many brittany people are famous sailors...everywhere you can find schools of sailing,children begin it at the elementary school.the sail...symbol of freedom and adventures...yesterday" I felt greatly "L'APPEL DU LARGE"...The call of the sea? to go far? I don't know the traduction in english!Strstza putovanjem i novim horizontima(?)..NOW,Ifelt "L'APPEL DU PRESENT "THE CALL TO LIVE THE PRESENT".to deeply "breathe" the present..This beach is on the north coast of Brittany,not touristic but special for me,where I born,st Brieuc.A GREAT JOY to be there.a GOD 's present!

Windows and Flowers...I was surprised seeing how the windows in the Bretagne are beautiful,original,all different for their colours and every kind of flowers,I began to take photos on the streets..stopped at each window!only photos of windows!

The violin of Jean-LouisToutain.Toutain was born in Toulouse in1948,works in design,architecture and sculpture...along the beach of St Jean de monts(Vendée.under Brittany),it was very nice and funny to walk and discover the monumental sculptures of bronze,very original,roundness and harmonious,tenderness...+The violin in the white and blue of the sky...Let's GO HIGHER!

QUIBERON..."The wild coast",on the south of Bretagne,the day after the tempest...astonishing colours!you can walk and walk for hours on the beach,it's tonic!near quiberon,there is the megalithic site of the Carnac,6000 years old,3000 standing stones,menhirs,dolmens,tumulus...

Quiberon(little peninsula)...the powerful waves,fantastic sprays...I LOVE the sounds of the waves on the rocks,the windsurf,on the boat,on the sand...

Recco,on the coast of Liguria(Italy.near Genova)...very nice coast .Yellow and blu...like an invitation to navigate or to sit down...and contemplate the sea...wherever I am,Dakar,St malo,Porto,Budva,Venezia,Zadar...when I contemplate the sea I don't feel foreigner...I feel in harmony with the creation...

L'Etoile de France at St Malo...this boat was built in 1938 in Danemark(Jutlandia was its name)and transported salt and fish(morue)from Island ,portugal...in 1971 it became a sailing school boat...also used for the films of Harry potter.Now it is the navire amiral of the flotte "etoile Marine "at St malo.It's possible to visit it(also other boats)...For many years ,I often went to st malo for the pleasure to see all kinds of boat,for the "marine"atmosphere...

Saint Jacut de la mer...a little port ,not far from Dinard-stMalo,always extraordinary colours of tempest!windy
and rainy holidays!(often maxi 18°)

Breathtaking view with the storm...it was exciting!a special light on the sea,no words to describe the beauty of the bay...The joy to be there...I have so many remembers...SAINT MALO!The city owes it name to a welsh monk called Mac Low.He arrived at Cezembre(the isle on the photo)in the sixth century.THE CORSAIRS CITY!Prestigious history,famous people like Jacques Cartier(Canada in 1534),the corsair Surcouf,the writer Chateaubriand(1768-1848)...the city was completely devastated during the flights of the war(39-45),rebuilt identically after.On he photo we're on the ramparts that surround all the town...

SUNCOBRAN!I LOVE the white and Blu !invitation to relax on the fine sand of this Vendée-beach...incredible long beach,but here the coast is flat,I prefer the indented coast of Bretagne.The name of vendèe comes from the celtic Windo,white...the colour names were often given to rivers and used in the celtic mythology.

Tow hearts intertwine...very simple and beautyfull symbol ,how many years?"faithfull both"...I like this kind of poor art in the nature...I took this photo in Vendée...the symbol of this region is 2 hearts(differents of the photo)together with the cross and the crown(references to the royalist insurrection of 1793 and the catholic religion).It's a symbol based on history rather than ideology...(so many discussions!)

lehon...only one star on the guide...but it's a lovelly place and merit a visit...green..quietness along the river Rance ,near Dinan... The Royal sant Magloire priory,the cloister of the15 eme siècle...At the moment I remember(in June we went in Istria for 2days) the so nice cloister of the samostan sv. franje of Pula,with piano music...brittany is full of chapels,abbays,calvaries...one year we took a guide of the fountains and their incredible stories(with the saints "guérisseurs"),legends...my husband Paolo ,fond of culture Bretonne,is my guide in my own country!

THE LITTLE BRETONS FISHERMAN!my sons Pierre and Jacques with their cousin are going to the "pèche à pied":foot-fish? It is a unknown for tourist beach near my "home",fantastic with the tide...stones beach,after 6 hours it becomes a splendid vast sand beach with so many shells...I love to be there..also my "bretons" sons are italians boys,they are fond of football (but practice rugby)and they don't forget to be fan of Modric!

Dinan is surrounded by ramparts,overlooking the river Rance,from Dinard-StMalo you can come with the boat...the photo:an half-timbered house(16ème siècle),all medieval houses with artists shops,exhibitions,celtic music..."la rue du Jerzual" from the little charming port to the medieval center...a very quiet town,I'd liked to live there for 3 years...

PARAME.LE SILLON...the strong wind push us on the long beach(the tide is falling)to the ramparts of st Malo,I feel at home,my father born at Dinard(in front of st malo)and I lived many years there.awakening of my memory in the beauty of the moment...I liked walking on the ramparts at each season,alone or with friends,a special place to dream(and realize)adventures...

SAINT LUNAIRE.Near DINARD.we decided to go on the beach with the kids at nine o'clock(in bretagne the summer days are long)after a raining day!(this year we visit a lot family and friends, impossible to stay hours on the beach!!sound of the waves,wonderful sunset...the silence of the evening...time of peace...

on my balcony in Italy my little garden of the sea...shells.stones,bois flotté,from evrywhere...on the north coast of bretagne ,at Plougrescant,there's a incredible place full of big pink granite rocks...on the photo,a little one with the TRISKELL,very old celtic symbol ,tri"so many interpretations...for the celtic,water-earth-fire...they used it a lot for decoration,jewels...SIMPLE AND HARMONIOUS LINES,I LIKE IT

Coming back from Medjugorje...where are we?!in the mountains of southern herzegovina,few kms from Adriatic coast,we're going to Neum...fortunately we didn't meet another car in this little road!

if I don't do a mistake it is the HUTOVOBLATO...no words to tell my admiration for the colours,the beauty of the nature...

lunar landscape!
Last edited by Marie on Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Marie
CROWN Addict

Re: Life through Marie's eyes

Postby bozidar » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:03 am

Marie: 14-IX-2008

Ali su tvoje slike ljepe. Odkuda su te slike na Jadronskovo More ?? Moji rodbini i iznaci zivu blizu otoka Krka i isto jedno malo selo ca se zove Kraljevica. Kada jos jedamput posjetimo Hrvatskoj Primorje, cemo slucajno vozit tamo i javit se blizu tvoju stranu.

bozidar
bozidar

Postby Marie » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:24 pm

I LOVE this photo!It was raining but it wasn't sad...all is sweetness...roundness...the simple harmony of the lines...the grey-blue..I'd like to sit down on the top of an isle and stay there...in the silence...all this beauty is treasure in my heart!now,we're going to Dubrovnk,montenegro...

from Duzi...after the mountains ,it's a great pleasure to find again the sea,discovering another part of the coast.Pelijesac with a little rain,the "green"...I feel quite "at home"in my Bretagne!I love all the croatian coast,green or dry,it is an astonished beauty!I love it at the first sight!"coup de foudre"!

"au bout du monde"...first time I look at a so wide desert landscape,nobody,no houses,silence...only the human sign of the thin line of the road...great emotion to be here ..infinite little and immensity...

on the mountains of herzegovina...minacious sky,scheletric dark trees,the ruins of a castle,grey stones..what a anxious place!so strange,unreal,sad...seeing the burnt earth,I remember in senegal a vast burnt landscape,so dry(months without rain)..I found there a yellow beautifull flower!also here,sure,spring is coming!

HUTOVOBLATO..5mn in the car and we stop again!the view on the lake is fantastic...so many contrasts..far away snow on the mountains,a special light on the vast lake,the preserved nature,the promises of the spring...we're coming back from Mostar, Medjugorie..I feel ,contemplating the beauty..in the deep silence,this easter holidays like a pilgrimage...a inner walk...a soul travel...

Last edited by Marie on Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marie
CROWN Addict

Postby Marie » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:37 pm

I went down from a rock to another(perilous height),as near as possible of the sea...with my old manuel photocamera,what a pleasure to wait...the good wave,to guess the arriving of the beautifull one!a game of patience and quickness.one film...only waves!HERE,we're at THE POINT OF GROUIN,north coast of little Brittany,CANCALE(capital of the oyesters)and SAINT MALO are few kms on the ovest;at East,spetacular view onthe MONT ST MICHEL and its vast bay ( NORMANDIE).HERE BEGINS LA BRETAGNE...xavier Grall(poet.1930.1981)wrote:"one isn't born Breton(brittany people),one becomes breton listening to the wind,to the song of the branches,the men's song and the sea"...I feel deeply my "bretonnes"roots,here,listening to the sea...in the same time,the song of the wind leads me to others horizons...always pilgrim!

I remember...how FANTASTIC sensations on the windsurf!(here too dangerous)"corps à corps" with the WIND AND THE WAVE...today?It's so WONDERFULL SURFING ON THE WAVE...WITH THE EYES!"corps à coeur"(body/heart)...

how afascinating is the BIRTH of the wave...how straordinary is theWHITE BEAUTY when the wave meets the strong rock!

beauty full of contrasts...darkness of the rock,brightness of the water...I think about François CHENG who wrote a great book "five meditations about beauty",I love all his books(2 novels also)...Born in 1929 in Cina,moved in France in 1948 without knowing french,he began to write in french in 1977(age 48)and be elected at the Academie Française in 2002...His little book"the DIALOGUE" speaks about his deep way that he lived with two languages,between two cultures...He went to ST MALO for the INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF FILMS AND BOOKS "ETONNANTS VOYAGEURS".created in 90(,michel Le Bris,Yvon Le Men...)is "based around the idea of writers going out into the world with a sense of discovery,a sense of elsewhere."(internet)

DROPS OF LIGHT!LES EMBRUNS!I LOVE this french word that means spray only for the sea.Here I lost the notion of the time...it's evening and Claire,la mia piccola,tell me:"mamma,je veux un pain au chocolat!"she awakes me at another nice reality,it's time to go to find an open Boulangerie!I'll come back home with treasure of colours...
Last edited by Marie on Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marie
CROWN Addict

Postby Marie » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:12 pm

brightness for my soul...
Marie
CROWN Addict

Postby nbach » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:15 pm

.....a sense of elsewhere....a inner walk...a soul travel...

That is how I feel. Thank you for your stories and senses.

What a beautiful collage of words and pictures. Transcends time and space.

Nenad
nbach
Site Admin

Postby violi » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:28 pm

Marie, thank you so much from me too. I echo Nenad's words as they captured exactly how the images touched me. I am looking forward to catching a few glimpses of this beautiful country and meet some of its lovely people when we go to the Handball World Championships in January 2009. :)
Dream even when you are awake.
violi
CROWN Addict

Postby Marie » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:24 pm

EASTER 2008.MEDJUGORIE,with all the family.Recalling today these days,it seems as if I am still there...the reason why I like to write at the present.Thursday,we're just arrived and we decide to go to the church...at the nightfall,it's raining and cold...we're welcome by the sung-mass in Croatian and I forget immediatelythe tiredness of the day!I don't understand Croatian but Here,in this spiritual moment,the music and the songs are so beautiful that the translation isn't necessary...It's a great joy to begin this little pilgrimage like this...On Friday morning,we're going to Mostar when we saw the indication to the PODBRDO!...it's early on the morning,very quite...I didn't imagine that I had to climb on a hill full of stones!the stones could be the symbol of the difficulties of the life...WALKING SLOWLY,I listen to the DEEP SILENCE...I stop to rest, to Breathe...and feel SWEETNESS in the air...I like looking at this photo...simple and white,the statue of KRALJICA MIRA,in front of the beautifull mountains,recalls me the smiles amd the eyes of people that I met there in the silence...eyes full of Faith and Hope...The Earth is full of germs of Peace!...MIR..
Marie
CROWN Addict

Postby Marie » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:46 am

violi wrote:Marie, thank you so much from me too. I echo Nenad's words as they captured exactly how the images touched me. I am looking forward to catching a few glimpses of this beautiful country and meet some of its lovely people when we go to the Handball World Championships in January 2009. :)

Violi,thanks a lot for what you wrote and welcome in my country!In which town,will you go for Handball?welcome also in my second country in Italy,If you go to Italy ,come to Reggio emilia!(from Parma and Modena) Marie
Marie
CROWN Addict

Postby nbach » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:12 pm

We are ready for new words and photos from you Marie.

Nenad
nbach
Site Admin

Next

Return to Culture and Arts - Kultura i umjetnost