Croatian Gift in Chicago

Apartment, baby sitter, car, classifieds

Croatian Gift in Chicago

Postby Marko » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:46 am

I received this in my e-mail the other day.

Name: ellisa
Subject: Croatian Gift in Chicago
Question/Comment: I am so sorry to bother you but I am having a hard time finding what I am looking for. I found you via a Yahoo search and I was wondering if I could bother you with a question. My friend recently married a man from Croatia and they are having a party this weekend to celebrate another event. I would like to give him a bottle of wine or liquor as a gift but I can't find anything anywhere online. I live on the north side of Chicago, do you know any places that carry alcoholic beverages from Croatia? I know this is an odd email, so thank you in advance for your help.

I did a Google search on wines in Chicago and found this article.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/ ... 0676.story

Buying the wines
By Bill Daley |Tribune staff reporter
August 27, 2008
Curious to try a wine from Croatia? A number of stores in the Chicago area carry them.

Lee Dancer, marketing and advertising director for Stanley Stawski Distributing Co. of Chicago, said Croatian wine sales in the region are "pretty big" for the company. Stores may be buying it one case at a time but that adds up over the year, especially around holidays, she said.

Who is buying the wines? Local Croatians, yes, but Dancer said some sales are made to Croatians from neighboring states who come to Chicago to stock up on products from home. And then there are the others.

"A lot of Americans are discovering them," Dancer said. "You find a bottle of red wine on the shelf with a nice label and it's priced at $6 to $7 a bottle, you're willing to take a chance."

Croatians tend to make wine blends "like the French," said George Bozic Jr. of Bozic Imports & Wholesale Liquors in Harwood Heights. Look for a brand name on the bottle, he said, and, in smaller letters, the region where the wine was named.

Find Croatian wines at:
• Devon Market, 1440 W. Devon Ave., 773-338-2572
• Krystyna's Deli, 1102 S. Roselle Road, Schaumburg, 847-534-5939
• Liquor Barn, 8170 W. Golf Road, Niles, 847-581-0060
• Minos Imported Foods, 648 W. Lake St., Addison, 630-543-0337
• Produce World, 8325 W. Lawrence Ave., Norridge, 708-452-7400
I am a Croat. My forefathers were warriors. Their son is a warrior...From my people I take nothing. I am the maker of my own fortune. - adapted from Tecumseh
Marko
Site Admin

Return to Classifieds. I need...can you help - Oglasnik. Trebam...možete li pomoći