|It is our great pleasure to announce that the 2010 Croatian Children's and Youth Festival will take place April 24-25, for the first time in the beautiful auditorium of the Frank Sinatra School of the Arts in Astoria.|
It is our great pleasure to announce that the 2010 Croatian Children's and Youth Festival will take place April 24-25, for the first time in the beautiful auditorium of the Frank Sinatra School of the Arts in Astoria.
With the Festival's return in 2009 after a five year absence, we achieved great success and an emptiness that was felt for many years in our community was filled. Our children and youth once again demonstrated their desire for socializing with one another and learning, as well as a wonderful talent for song and dance with which they delighted spectators as they had done in years past.
We are therefore especially pleased to reintroduce the Festival Evening for Youth at this year's event. A group of 18 youth will perform during the first Festival Evening on Saturday, April 24th beginning at 7 pm. A second group of 22 children between the ages of six and twelve will perform at 5 pm on Sunday, April 25th.
The organizing committee, equipped with valuable experience from last year's festival and those of previous years, has already completed a large amount of work and preparations are moving forward at full speed. In order to organize another unforgettable event of Croatian song in the heart of New York, however, we need the support of our entire community. We need your valuable support.
This year’s festival will also receive extensive media promotion, and a crew from Croatian Television has already announced that it will film both Festival Evenings.
As you may be aware, the organization of a festival is very demanding and requires the substantial financial support of many sponsors, without whom this Festival would not be possible. Your donation contributes to the recording of songs, the rental of the auditorium and the Festival’s technical aspects. The realization of this complex cultural event is possible thanks to the enormous effort of members of the Croatian community in Astoria, countless volunteers as well as that of the performers themselves - children, youth and their parents.
It would mean a great deal to all of our children and to the entire community should you decide to join this effort and become one of the Festival’s sponsors. Your donation will enable the continuation of this truly unique cultural manifestation, not only to Croatians in New York but beyond.
The names of all festival donors and sponsors will be announced throughout both Festival Evenings while the names of large donors will be published on our web site and their logos printed on our DVD and CD.
With our best wishes and appreciation for your continued support,
CROATIAN COMMUNITY OF ASTORIA, INC.
P.O. Box 3216 Long Island City, NY 1103
01. Proljeće - Juliana Ćoza / Ante Sokoša / Daniela Lerga
02. Moj Dida - Juliana Sarić
03. Mandolina Dalmatina - Angie Gruba
04. Pravi čisti R / R - Peter Bezmalinović / Emily Vrsaljko
05. Dalmatinac kada ljubi - Stefani Pavlović
06. Hvala ti majko - Adriana Lerga
07. Ja sam prava merikanka - Marcella Grancarić
08. More Je Tajna - Nicol i Natali Creglia
09. Moja Baka - Valentina Grgin
10. Nije ti baš štos - Dennis Karčić
11. Gingola se barka - Luna Matura
12. Zar to je to - Monique Pera
13. Dalmacijo - Katarina Jović
14. Liko Moja - Stipe Pavlak
15. Volim te more - Isabella Velčić
16. Dobro jutro mama - Ariana Lisica
17. Dida Dalmatinac - Ivan Kalinić
18. Iz dana u dan - Antea Paša / Niko Nemarić
19. Mandolino, mandolino - Kristiana Nogalo
20. Serenada iz Dalmacije - Kristina Glavan
21. Veslaj, veslaj ljubavi - Vanessa Morin
22. Slavonka sam - Anna Brajdić
01. More, sunce - Antonia Lovjer
02. Ja sam Dalmatinka - Katarina Begonja
03. Tamo gdje ljubav umire - Andrea Ćoza
04. Da imam krila anđela - AnaMaria Glavan
05. Duša Istarska - Ana Creglia
06. Krug - Sanda Burburan
07. Ja želim ljubav - Ana Šneperger
08. Slomljena srca - Christina Volarić
09. Ja ljubav kradem - Valentina Glavan
10. Nema Raja - Ana Šuto
11. Neću - Alexandra Kiršić
12. Ti si vila - Tomislav Ćoza
13. Ranjeno Srce - Matea Šuto
14. Ako raj na zemlji postoji - Daria Fain
15. Ljubav me ranila - Valerija Glavan
16. Zaljubila san se - Antonia Matulj
17. Odlazi - Anna Nejasmić
18. Dajem ti svoju ljubav - Marin Boško
Formated for CROWN by prof.dr. Darko Žubrinić
Distributed by www.Croatia.org . This message is intended for Croatian Associations/Institutions and their Friends in Croatia and in the World. The opinions/articles expressed on this list do not reflect personal opinions of the moderator. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, please delete or destroy all copies of this communication and please, let us know!